Friday, May 16, 2008

Ezekiel's Birth Story - pt. 16

Around month seven, my joints were starting to ache pretty badly and I had to use the scooter carts again. (Oh, yeah, I had to use them every time we went to the store when I was throwing up because I couldn’t make it more than inside the door before I had to sit down!) I still tried to walk as much as I could up to the time I had Ezekiel because I just didn’t want to give up!

I kept expecting to have Zekers early, since Braden had come 12 days early. I thought, “Surely, he’ll want to come out sometime soon!” The 12 day early mark came and went, then a week ‘til, then my due date arrived. At this point, my doctor said that he didn’t like to let babies be later than two weeks overdue. I was still in the frame of mind that my baby would come out when he was ready. I really did NOT want to be induced. I have been told by many ladies who have been induced how much the pitocin/oxytocin increases labor pains and plenty of other reasons to avoid being induced at all costs.

I also had to add here that we were little concerned with who was going to take care of Braden. Like I said, his Nina was 2 1/2 hours away in San Antonio and everyone else was at least 4-5 hours away. We figured he would have to come with us, but we didn’t want him in the room during “Go” time. I’m a screamer. It hurts, I yell. That’s all there is to it. We totally had an answer to prayer here. I had been taking him to New Beginnings Christian Daycare , which happened to be right down the road from us. I put everyone who might possibly have to pick him up in our stead on a release sheet. I also let them know that we didn’t know what was going to happen when I went into labor, but they were so wonderful about the whole thing. They stayed open from like 6 a.m til 6 p.m., so if it went down within those hours we were good to go anyway. Sam could make it to pick him up under those circumstances.

No comments: