Monday, April 20, 2009

Ailey Grace is six weeks old!

Yeah, this is a week late, but it still counts!

I took Ailey to the mid-wife on Monday for her check-up and she was just fine.  The mid-wife weighed and measured her and here are her stats, plus a picture or two.

Weight - 9 lbs 12 oz.
Length - almost 22" (sorry, didn't write down the exacts and am waiting for a call back from my midwife on that.  I'll update when I get it.)







Finally got a smile picture! :)
I'll admit that this was actually taken on Monday and the others on Wednesday, but its close enough...

I also wanted to let you know that Ailey had a fever on Saturday in the early morning. There was much drama on my part and Sam came to the rescue by calming me down and getting a game plan together.  I also made a few phone calls to call in some prayer support.  (Thank you, Mom, Sara, Meemaw & Peepaw and Jennifer!!!) Even though, we desired to take her to the doctor's office, I ended up having to take her to the emergency room.  (That's a longer story than I care to write about right now, but it all worked out in the end.) The doctor and the nurse were absolutely wonderful.  I'm very grateful for them!  They ran tests and everything came back clean so we got to come home and we just kept her cool and administered Tylenol (yay, Tylenol!) and she had no more fever at midnight that same day!  Praise God!!!

1 comment:

Rosemond said...

She is so beautiful! Oh, and I need you to email me your address!