Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thoughts

Even though the election didn't turn out as I had hoped, there is still hope. There is still cause for rejoicing! First of all, the marriage propositions in California, Arizona and Florida all passed! Praise God!!! Second of all, we as Christians still have a voice. We can pray. We can pray for the Obama family. Here is an excerpt from the Randy Alcorn blog and it just expresses so nicely what we can be praying for:

"The election is over. Followers of Christ, regardless of who they advocated and voted for, should now pray wholeheartedly for our new president and his administration, as Scripture instructs us in First Timothy 2:1-4:

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be
made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Nanci and I were just talking about President Obama, and how we wish him well. I have a profound sorrow that I could not vote for the first African American president in U. S. history. In two past elections I voted for Alan Keyes, an African American with a deep respect for the civil rights of unborn children, and the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman. How I wish he could have become our president. How I wish that Barack Obama believed God's Word in these fundamental areas. How deeply I wish I could have voted for him.

But not being able to vote for someone is very different than not being able to pray for him. I pray him, his wife and those precious daughters. (To see black children living in the White House will be to me a dream come true, despite my profound regrets that their father doesn't stand for every child's right to live.)

I pray that in those areas where President Obama does advocate what is right, God will richly bless him. I pray God will give him wisdom and strength in negotiating with international heads of state. I pray God will change his mind in areas where he's wrong, and restrain him from keeping his promises to Planned Parenthood concerning the Freedom of Choice Act, which would dramatically set back the legal cause of unborn children. I pray that, by some heart-changing miracle or providential human miscalculation, the next Supreme Court justice would be someone who would vote for the right to life of our smallest children, God's smallest children."


His post continues with some great food for thought and I would encourage you to read the rest of it as it was a great encouragement to me. Click here for the rest. The election may be over, but our perseverance should not be.

Just remember, our Dear Lord hears His childrens' pleas.  We can be intercessors and truly get on our face before God and pray for repentance for this country and for a revival of abiding in the Truth that this country was founded on: God's Word.  What an amazing gift and tool God has given us in prayer!!!  I hope you all have a blessed week and rest in Him and find a place of contentment and solace knowing our Lord God is in absolute control and He isn't surprised by anything that has happened or that will happen! :)

4 comments:

mzzterry said...

Thanks for this post =).

Nessa and Jeebs said...

I like that he mentions Alan Keyes- because both my husband and my mamma voted for him in the republican primaries years back whenever it was. Too bad he can't be the first black pres. I'm glad you enjoy the love list :)

Nessa and Jeebs said...

Yeah- you know this pregnant body ain't gettin' on that trampoline- shoooo! Oi the pain today- oh well- it's only 6 more months right? :)

vanillafrog said...

hey, my computer died monday night and i lost becky's address, could you email it to me again?