Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Pics

Prepare yourself, there's a bunch!!!


This was the Sunday before Christmas. The kids had their performance at church and Braden was a shepherd and Zekey was a sheep.




This was the practice before they went into the auditorium to sing for "real". Zekey did not want to be a sheep. As a matter of fact, I couldn't get him to put on his costume and had to go get Sam to accomplish that task. Zekey was not at all happy about it.

Braden's head covering kept slipping off, but he just kept singing anyway...

Zekey maintaining his displeasure.

Braden still working the slipping head covering.

Still mad.

Ahh, that's better. I made it a little tighter, but couldn't do anything about the rest of the costume. It was too long and he kept tripping over it. He didn't really seem to mind though.

Yep, still going.

Everybody kept trying to get a smile out of him, but he held fast to his principles.

Every now and then the words escaped him. ;)

Oops, she saw me!



This was the sugar coma waiting for us after service...

This was my contribution. I had intended to unwrap the cookies and have them eaten individually, but I didn't get to it in time and the kids took the whole wrapped stack...I'll bet that helped the blood sugar levels!

These were the mini Happy Birthday, Jesus cakes I made with the mini tiered pan set Sam got me for my birthday. Not too shabby for a first attempt. I've gotta work on the icing though. One piece was all it took to make my tummy hurt from the sugar content!

Worship in full swing before the entrance of the kids.


This is Doxa and Chrisma. Aren't they beautiful?



Headin' out to perform.






See Zekey there in the front? My little pugging lamb. He pretty much stayed that way from the time he put the costume on, all the way through practice and through the performance until the outfit came off. He was going through a fierce dislike of hooded sweatshirts at that point.:)




Snow! Lovely snow! It started snowing on the 24th as we were leaving Killeen headed to East Texas and it snowed the whole 6 hours-ish until we got through Gladewater! Loved it!
/

These are of Christmas morning as we opened all of our immediate family presents...









































No comments: