Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bunny Slippers

Well, I checked online several times over the past month to try and find bunny slippers. I was wanting something that was reminiscent of the ones of the '50s, but couldn't find any that looked like that to just buy outright. I did find a vintage pattern for sale, but I was more on the lookout for a free pattern. ;) I came across several interesting patterns:


http://rineke.blogspot.com/2007/02/generic-pattern-for-felted-maryjane.html


I was thinking of just adding ears to those, but then I decided to go with this one and tweak it a bit:



This is what I ended up with:







5 comments:

Juliet said...

Adorable!!!! :-)

mzzterry said...

kevan & i looked at these cute little things last night and just marveled at your ability & talent.

you do know it isn't normal to be able to just turn out such cute stuff ....right??

wow, you got skillz. i am impressed. good going.

save these forever, and if God ever graces me with a Granddaughter, I want a pair, i will pay $$ for them!!!!

DyessFam said...

Mz Terry, thank you so much! I know that I have never been "normal", but I must say that I see so many things from so many talented people and I just marvel at it all and want to do all of it with perhaps my own little twist;) Also, I firmly believe that necessity is the mother of invention and that's usually what ends up being the case with me. The bunny slippers were a result of me not being able to find anything like the picture I had in my head. Ya know? Anyway, thank you again and you just say the word and I will totally whip you up a pair (didn't take me very long..less than a day with many interruptions:) fo' free.

Rosemond said...

These are adorable!!! Love them! Good job, mama!

DyessFam said...

Thank you, Juliet and Rosemond! I'm very encouraged by your compliments.:)