Saturday, July 23, 2011

My kind of S'Mores

So a while back, I wrote about the baby shower we had at the house and one of the goodies was S'Mores pops.  I made some again sans the pop part and decided to do a step-by-step, since its easy and I actually felt like taking the time to take pics. ;p  One of my biggest dislikes about S'mores is that the chocolate doesn't melt enough to mingle with the graham cracker and marshmallow.  I usually end up with the chocolate taking over the whole bite and I like balance.  I'm rather crotchety about how I like my chocolate and I'm just fine with that. :)




Step 1:  You need a whole mess of yummy marshmallows, a good handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers.  I would also suggest the mini baking cups to put them in, but you could also just put them on parchment paper. 



Step 2: I melted my chocolate in a pot on the stove top and once they got melty, I just turned off the burner and resisted the urge to drink it straight.

Step 3: I set up my assembly line and this is how it went:


Step 4:  Get a good grip on your marshmallow.  (It will try and wriggle out of your grasp and become one with the pool of chocolate.)  I will also have to admit that this is the stage where, sadly, some of the marshmallows don't make it through the whole process...


Step 5:  Dunk and twirl until the chocolate is halfway up the sides of said marshmallow and there is full bottom coverage.  We don't need no daisy-dukin' marshmallows here!



Step 6:  Gently shove the now chocolate-treated mallow into the graham cracker crumbs and mush it around until the chocolate is wearing a crumb sweater or coat as it were. ;p  Don't want our marshmallow catching a cold, now do we.


Step 7: Attempt to make your hand put it in the little baking cup instead of dropping it down your gullet.  It's pretty difficult to achieve this, so you might need someone in attendance to assist in this endeavor, but beware the temptation is catching so it might be good to have a whole support group present.  Ach!  Who are we kidding?!  Just go ahead and put the mini baking cups back up and save them for one of the kids' art projects.

Optional Step 8:  If you want to be all facy-schmancy for a special occasion or to see your kids' eyes light up, you can stick some cookie sticks into the centers.  It does keep little fingers safer from the attack of the Chocolate Mush Monster, though sometimes the fingers are lured into its enticing trap anyway.

TaDa!  Super Easy and not only is the chocolate completely incorporated with the graham cracker goodness, its bite size stature contributes to *99.9% of all of the yumminess making it INTO your mouth, so you don't have to store it for later AROUND your mouth.

*This statistic was the result of a completely biased and unscientific study conducted in an independent, non-controlled approach outside of a laboratory environment.

No comments: