Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ailey Grace is six months old!

Well, I guess I'm gonna get this in before midnight. I mentioned that Ailey went to the doctor last week at the same time Zekes did for her first well baby visit. Seriously. I am totally taking time with her. She got her first round of immunizations and she was a trooper. She only had to get two shots because they are continuously able to combine more vaccines apparently. All I know is that is good news pain-wise.:) Here are her stats from the visit:

Height - 25 1/2"
Weight - 15.2 lbs

She is right on as far as clothing sizes go. She is just now moving into 6 mos. This is a first for us because Braden and Zekers have always been 6 mos - 1 yr ahead at any given time. Her hair is starting to grow more and she's definitely gonna be dark headed. I don't know if there are any red highlights yet, but I'll keep everyone posted. Also, she is going to have eyes and eyelashes like Sam and her brothers. Sam has the most beautiful big brown eyes framed by incredibly long lashes. Ailey Grace's are getting very long, too. Very exciting to see. She is also showing her personality and she's very laid back. We've had so many people say that about her. She really is such a good baby.

I haven't started her on solid food yet. I bought some rice cereal, but I just don't want to slow down on the nursing yet. Its so funny because with the boys, I was sad when they weaned at 6 - 6 1/2 mos, but I was also relieved to have my body back to myself as it were. I'm really not experiencing that this time around. I'm hoping I can nurse her for a full year. We'll see what happens. Right now, nursing is just going really well and she doesn't seem to need anything else at this point. I'm just sitting in contentment with her. Totally from God. Love it!

Well, I think that about covers it. I'm very excited to see her grow and become a beautiful Godly girly. Aren't kiddos so stinkin' fun?! :)

2 comments:

Kay Little said...

Hi! I nominated you for an award! Stop by and pick it up...I enjoy your blog so much!!Kay

queen of everything said...

so we weighed q at home a few weeks ago 18 lbs. he's getting huge. i was so glad to get to see you and yours. you have a beautiful family