Friday, June 4, 2010

A jewelry-makin' I have gone

I did it. I leapt in. I couldn't help myself. It started with a desire to make someone I love a very unique gift and well, its not stoppin' there!

Where before, I would peek into Hobby Lobby's or Michael's jewelry and bead aisle and avoid them with trepidation, I now purposefully tread. I have a mission and I have bead needs!

I'm not going to put a picture of the gift set I made because it is a surprise and I don't want to spoil it. After it has been given, I will put it on the blog. I do, however, have several other "pieces" I have made. I will admit that I did see some similar in a catalog and because they were crazy expensive, I decided I could make them myself, tweaked to my taste, of course. Oh and I'm thinking I will still have a jewelry party, cuz hello! free jewelry!;) So, here they are in all my novice handiwork:



This is a pretty long necklace. The beads are actually a smokey, gray glass, but the way the lighting was, it looks like its amber. Oh, well.
I think I'm going to end up modifying these earrings because they are just too long and heavy for my taste.


This was the second set I made.
The necklace is super long and I wrap it around my neck twice and it still hangs to about mid abdomen.
I thought these turned out pretty cute.

The bracelet had to be restrung a couple of times, but I finally got it to work! Yay!:)

3 comments:

Nessa and Jeebs said...

those look like poo, j/k I want some jewelry!! j/k I too always go through the bead aisle and have to resist because I will end up spending money on something and never do anything with it, cuz I don't know how:) love your jewelry gert

queen of everything said...

so pretty, i love beading and miss doing it. you are so talented.

DyessFam said...

Thanks, Vanessa and Reina! Vanessa, so what you are saying is you want me to make you a poo bracelet?! There is no shortage of that substance around here!;p Hahahahaha! Okay, I'll stop now.:) Reina, that's funny cuz I think the same thing about you! I really love the aprons, cakes and knitting/crochet stuff you do. I admire how you do the apron exchanges and stuff. I wouldn't be able to make sure that it would get done in time. I'm also still quite a novice at sewing and find that when I wash some of the things I sew, that the seams come undone, even though I really thought I did it the right way.....oh, well, still learning!:)

Oh, Nersa! I made stuffed shells again over the weekend because Momma LOVES them and I told her how I first got started making them. You will be proud of me because I don't use a recipe at all anymore. I actually remember the ingredients:) and just eyeball everything. OH, and do you remember how you used to think how I typed was really funny because I would keep my fingers on home row? Well, 6 years of typing in the AF cured me of that fo' sho'! Just thought you'd like to know...hehe.