Thursday, June 26, 2008

The coolest piggy bank ever! and other money things concerning children

So Sam and I have decided that now is the time to really start teaching Braden about money.  He has been asking how much everything costs and knows that money is important, but not in exactly what way.   At first we were going to buy a book that gave direction on how to teach our kids biblical money principles, but after google-ing it, I found several free resources.  I will put the links at the end of this post.  Also, I got to thinking about how we can have it be more visual and hands on for him and thought that a piggy bank would be a good idea.  (He actually has a couple, but they are in storage, God only knows exactly where!:)  Also, all of the piggy banks I've seen have just the one chamber in them.  I wanted a multi-chamber bank so that his money could be divided into tithe, savings, spend and donate or something to that effect.  Well, after doing yet another google search (man, I love google!), I found the money savvy piggy bank.  It has four chambers!  Yay!  It's 15.99 + shipping.  I'm really very excited!!!  Again, the link will be posted below.  Anyway, just thought it would be of interest to someone.  Also, if my research can save time for someone else, then woo-hoo!  Okay, on with the links.






2 comments:

Michawn said...

hey, just wanted to say, yes...thank you for your research. i'll research childbirth stuff for you and you research this for me. ;) kidding. but seriously, these are great sites and loved the last few homeschooling links you provided us with too. thanks!!

DyessFam said...

Hey, that's just fine with me! Sounds like a deal. And you are most welcome! Glad I could help!