Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birthing Center Visit and Daycare

As previously mentioned, there is a birthing center about 2 miles down the road from us.  I took the boys and we went to see it.  I also got to meet the midwife there and she is really nice.  The center is very well kept and homey, plus they specialize in water births (Michawn, I thought of you when I she mentioned that.:)  They take insurance, but it doesn't look like our insurance will cover it.  Seriously, I don't understand that.  From their perspective I would think they would be all over that since it is way less expensive than paying for a hospital birth!  Yeah, don't get it.  Anyway, she does payment plans and Sam and I have talked about it and we are going to go that route even if our insurance doesn't pay a penny.  I'm really pretty excited about it!

We also swung by the daycare to let them know we were back and to find out if they would be able to take on two more kiddos on occasion.  We basically stayed and chatted for an hour and a half.  The boys just played the whole time and the ladies (Miss Misty and Miss Eliza) and I just talked up a storm!  It was great.  I really have a soft spot in my heart for these ladies; they are amazing!!!  Anyway, with Sam working 6/12's  I'm gonna need the daycare from time to time.  This way, I'll be able to schedule midwife visits and go grocery shopping when I need to.  Don't get me wrong, I take the kids with me most of the time anyway when I go shopping, but it is getting harder to push the buggy around with both kids and all the groceries in it.  Plus, it will give them a break, they'll get to play with other kids for a couple of hours and I'll get a bit of a break.  win-win!  Yay!  

I'm also going to look for a play group/ mom's club, too.  Hopefully, there is one close by.  We'll see.

2 comments:

queen of everything said...

wow, you guys have been busy. love the preggo pics. i think other pregnant women are so cute, but i hate the way i look pregnant. that could have something to do with the fact that i start to show at 10 weeks. welcome back to texas.

Michawn said...

I KNOW!! i have never gotten that thing where the insurance doesn't cover CHEAPER birth options. ours never covered it either. but, of course it was totally worth it to us to just pay it. anyway, so cool that you have that option right down the road.