Monday, November 30, 2009

The passy is passing on....

Well, it looks like the"deet-deet" a.k.a. Zekers' pacifier is becoming a memory. Oh, its still pretty vivid and he asks about it every night, but I do believe we have already been through the hard part. Last Sunday, we traveled to my Mom's house to spend the holidays with her. She asked if she could get anything at the grocery store and I asked if she wouldn't mind picking up another pack of Zekey's passies. We were down to the last one and I just really didn't want to have to deal with the onslaught that would follow if we lost that one. Well, Mom couldn't find them at the Walmart she stopped at and I just said not to worry about it, we could get some if the need arose. The standing rule for Zekes has been that he doesn't take it outside. Well, he took it outside at Mom's house. Mom has three dogs in her backyard and one of them chews everything up. When he came in, I didn't notice that he didn't have it for a while and then it got dark. We looked all over the house and I tried to look a bit on the back porch, but we couldn't find the silly thing. When he went to bed, he asked, "Where deet-deet go, Momma?!" (He arches one of his eyebrows and has a very serious look on his face and ends the question by putting the heaviest stress on the end of Momma...;) Anyway, I said that he had taken it outside where he wasn't supposed to and that the puppies probably chewed it up. That was my guess at the time. He asked three times before he seemed convinced that the puppies probably got his deet-deet and he wasn't going to get it that night. He woke up around six that next morning wanting it, but then went back to sleep pretty quickly. (Braden slept through it:) We went the next day without the deet-deet for nap time and though he did fuss a bit, it didn't last long and he slept really well. It has now been a week and we have come back from having a really nice time with family over Thanksgiving and Zekes has taken yet another step in the growing up process. I'm a little sad, but so excited that he is weaned and we didn't have to attempt it in the motor home! Praise the Lord! Thank you so much, Sweet Lord for that!!!

I have some pics from Thanksgiving and I'll post them sometime this week, hopefully.

2 comments:

mzzterry said...

awww. i still miss beka's appy!! it is a big step in growing up! =D

Juliet said...

Aw! I just posted a blog about starting the weaning from the passy process :) They grow up too fast!!