Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving time

Ailey got sick a couple of days before we were supposed leave and had a pretty good fever going, so I was freaking out about riding the train with a sick baby, not to mention I was working off of next to NO sleep. SO, Mom and Sam had a good chat over the phone and between the two of them decided that they would meet halfway and switch us over.:) I was instantly relieved, of course. I really wanted to go to my mom's early so we would have more time to spend with her, but I was thinking about not going until Sam went until he and Mom talked. We had a good drive, though Sam ended up having to miss church because he had to take us himself. What a wonderful man! Anyway, our Thanksgiving was really very nice and fun. We got to hang out with Granny (my Mom), Gran-Gran(my Granny )up until Thanksgiving and then extended family (aunts, uncles and cousins) for that day and then we got to hang out at Sam's Parents' house with the Dyess' and Cherry crews. It was really such a good time! Here are the promised pics:




Poor Ailey Gracie-Girl! She was not feeling good at all. :(

She was soooo off of her routine and didn't want to go to sleep and my mom was such a trooper offering to hold her and rock her bunches. Thanks, Mom! You are wonderful!!!



This was the beginning of the Molasses Pecan-Pumpkin Pie

Had to make a couple of Lemon Chess pies, of course.

The finished Molasses Pecan-Pumpkin pie. Wasn't too bad, but I think I will do some major tweaking next time. ;)

Oh, yeah, I decided we needed to have pumpkin stuffed french toast for breakfast. Braden did such a good job cooking the french toast.

Sam, drinking his much-liked coffee with a dollop of cheese.


Zekes standing by...


adding a little cheese of his own...



Trying to dress Ailey all cutey in her new clothes. We had gone to Hughes Springs because they were promoting their downtown area and staying open til 10 pm and having some great sales. We went to the children's clothing store there and Mom bought several little outfits for Ailey and we got Zekey a red turtle neck for pictures whenever I get around to that.


See, cutey! By the time we had driven the 3 miles to my Granny's house for Thanksgiving, she had gotten her headband and shoes off. Houdini, I tell ya!

This is my Aunt Scarlet

Aunt Scarlet's youngest daughter, my cousin, Tyler

My cousin Jennifer

Gran-Gran's neighbors across the road, Lester and Ann

Aunt Scarlet's husband, Uncle Stacey

Jennifer's dad, Uncle Gary and his girl-friend (can't remember her name right now! aahhh!)

That's my granny aka Gran-Gran in the back there.

Meemaw and Peepaw with the two granddaughters, Ailey on the left and Lauren on the right. They are about three months apart.

Working on getting all of the grandkiddos in the pic with Meemaw and Peepaw

There was a lot of directing going on;)

We finally got everyone in...


Okay, here we go starting from left to right back row first: Gabriel is holding Zekey, Luke is holding Michael, Meemaw with Ailey Gracie, Peepaw with Lauren, Elijah is the oldest of them all:) he's gonna be 13 in January!!! I can't believe it! Okay, down in front starting on the left is Boaz, then Braden (they are about 3 mos apart, too) and finally Dakota. Aren't those some good-lookin' kiddos?!

The paparazzi: Jennifer, Sam and Mollie

Trying to get a good pic of my three together

not so much.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: