Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm the aunt of nephew #8!

That's right!  My sister Sara had her baby yesterday evening!  Grayson Mathew Heinicke was born at 5:27 pm and weighed in at 8 lbs 11 oz and  was 19 in long.  I don't have a picture at this time, but maybe soon.  I'm very excited and hopefully we will be close enough to home soon to go for a visit and meet the newest little person in our family.:)

I've decided to take my friend Reina's advice and do a thankful list.  This is dedicated in your honor Reinababes.

10 things I'm thankful for:

1.  Babies - they are so sweet and they are brand new people that God chooses to bless us with.  They are such an amazing miracle!

2.  Sam - without him I would probably be in a little padded room hugging myself!  Seriously, he is the most amazing man I know and I never want to be without him.  He's my best friend, my husband, father of my children and best of all, he loves God with all he's got.

3.  Braden - what a treasure to have such a tender-hearted child.  He's so much fun to be around and he's constantly making me laugh.  He's such a good big brother and Zekey is definitely his #1 fan.  Its such an honor to get to witness who he's growing up to be.

4. Zekey - my little cutie-pie.  He's such an interesting little boy and what fun we have with him.  His smile would melt anyone's heart!  Again, an honor to be part of his training and molding into who he's going to be.

5.  Motorhomes - I would've gotten worn out long ago moving around as we do without our home on wheels.  I'm grateful to have been blessed with this option.  Every where we go our home goes, too!

6.  Family - though there is drama at times, man I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Nothing comes close to the support, love and friendship that I have in my family.

7. IMacs - well, obviously I use ours to check in with those that are not near from time to time.  This thing is pretty cool just to use period, though.  This gadget is at the top of my favorite gadgets list.

8.  Phones - its nice to hear familiar voices on a regular basis, especially when I can't be physically there to talk face to face.

9.  Homeschool - I like being my child's teacher and making sure things that he doesn't need to know at his age are filtered out instead of him getting extra education on the side in a place I can't be for most of his day.  Yay!  Also, we get to go at his pace, whatever that may be.

10.  Rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner - Its basically the only stuff that doesn't make me want to throw up during pregnancy!

I think that about does it for today.  I will be out of touch with the virtual world for a couple of days.  We have to take our rv in to get some things worked on, so we will be staying in a hotel for a couple of days.  The boys will have a blast and I'm looking forward to the free hot breakfast buffet that I get to partake of, but I don't have to cook any of.  Oh, yeah......  Talk at ya on the flip side!

2 comments:

queen of everything said...

congrats to your sister. great list, i should list finch every week i am SO grateful that God sent him to me. enjoy the hotel. free house cleaning and breakfast. sounds good.

Nessa and Jeebs said...

and #11 VAnessa- you're thankful for me, ya know you are!! hehehe your crappy friend that forgets your number and never calls hehehehe I did save your number this time in my phone:) Yay for Sara- is this #2 or #3?