Sunday, June 28, 2009

Freddy's Frozen Custard vs. Steak and Shake

Okay, I know we might be behind the times and all, but we just discovered a steak burger. In my defense, I've seen Steak and Shakes many a time in the past, but because I didn't know they were steakBURGERS, I just wasn't interested. I'm not really a steak person per se, you see. So anyway, we were in Manhattan, KS going to Wally world and there was a Freddy's Frozen Custard across the street and so we decided to try it out. Oh my giddy aunt! Sooooo yummy!. Yeah, I have a new favorite burger joint. Aside from EZ's in San Antonio, this one is pretty great. I love the burgers. I prefer thin patties and they are thin and are very flavorful. I also like their fries. They are shoestring fries and I even like the little containers the fries come in - a cup. Oh, and the frozen custard...oh, yeah...mmmmmmmmmmm!

Now it just so happens that we went to a Steak and Shake the next week to see if it compared. They have the same kind of fries, though not nearly seasoned as well. The burgers were similar, but lacking and the shakes were good, but not near what Freddy's produces. The one thing Steak and Shake has over Freddy's are the little mini burgers. Braden loved them. I like that one of their kids meal has two mini burgers with fries. One for each boy. That's pretty neat. Maybe I can put in a request to Freddy's?:)

Here's the link to Freddy's Frozen Custard so you can see if there is one near you.

No comments: