Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dental Visit

Last Thursday, both Sam and Braden went to the dentist.  Sam had to get two more of his wisdom teeth out.  Normally, we would have had to go for a first visit and then had to schedule a second visit to get the teeth taken out, but this dentist was very neat.  He just asked Sam what he wanted and then went ahead and did it.  He did have to put a couple of stitches in on the bottom socket and so Sam has to go in this Thursday to get them taken out.  He's contemplating asking the dentist if he'll just go ahead and take the last wisdom tooth out so he can be done  with it.  We'll see what he decides.

Braden went to get his teeth cleaned and checked out for the first time.  He did such a good job!  I had to sit out away from him and make sure Zekey wasn't getting into EVERYTHING, so Braden went and got in the chair and followed all the dentist's and his assistants' instructions.  The dentist did ask me about his front two teeth and he said so far they are loose, but they are okay where they are and they will probably just come out earlier than normal.  Also, by the x-rays, Braden's front two permanent teeth are quite large. (I'm pretty sure that he got that from me.  I had some big, honkin' front teeth until my body grew to accommodate them!:) I can't believe he's only about a year away from losing his first teeth!  Where does the time go?  Anyway, both he and Zekey came out of there with a balloon and a toothbrush each.  It cracked me up that they were giving Zekey the same stuff and the dentist didn't even look at his teeth.  So funny.

So apparently, our teethbrushing routine with the kids is working out well and I'm glad.  Teeth are so important and I want them to take very good care of their teeth!  I'm aiming for them to have no cavities ever!!! ;)  Wouldn't that be great?

No comments: