Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Neat Author, Incredible Books

So, my husband and I were told about this very cool authoress. Her name is Karen Hancock and she has written five books so far with another in the works. I can't tell you how wonderful a writer she is, so you will just have to read her books. Her road to becoming an author is very interesting in and of itself and that story can be found on her website: www.kmhancock.com. She also has a blog here on blogspot: http://www.karenhancock.blogspot.com/. The books she has written so far are as follows: The Arena, Legends of the Guardian-King series - 1) The Light of Eidon, 2) The Shadow Within, 3) Shadow Over Kiriath and 4) Return of the Guardian-King.

She has been compared to J.R.R. Tolkien, but I think a more apt comparison would be to C. S. Lewis only even better. Seriously, I know some would consider that a form of blasphemy and all, but I challenge you to read her books and see what I mean. Sam and I both read the series first and fell in love with those books. I was so disappointed after I finished the last book, but not for the reason you might think. I wanted to still be reading the book, still be a part of the characters lives. I mean its been a couple of months since I finished and I'm telling you that I still feel that way. Amazing. To top it off it is CHRISTIAN Sci-fi/Fantasy! How cool is that? Anyway, very neat books and you should totally check them out!  I'll add a link in the my favorite books section.

No comments: