Monday, April 28, 2008

Ezekiel's birth story - pt. 1

WARNING!!! Again, I’m very detailed in my description of what happened. That includes all of the bodily functions and fluids therein. Just so you know......

Also, this story is much longer than Braden’s. Read on and you’ll find out why.





After Braden was about 2 years old, Sam and I thought we were ready to have another baby.  We wanted Braden to have a sibling and we didn't want them to be too far apart.  I figured that about 3 years apart would be good. (Don't you just love how I'm trying to make all of these decisions in my own understanding?!)  We again called Juan and Donna to have them pray over us and just let them in on our plans.  We decided to stop preventing and because it seemed like I possibly ovulated right after my menstrual cycle, we thought maybe we had a better idea of timing.  At this time we were living in Diana, TX near family.  We had come home to mend our relationship which I will talk about in another post, but when we came home, Sam took a huge pay cut.  After about 11 months, we were in way over our heads with debt and just getting deeper.  We talked and prayed about what we should do.  We were in agreement that we couldn't stay where we were because there just wasn't an available job for Sam that would cover our expenses.  So, we felt that we were released to go back to contracting, so that we could get out of debt completely. (There are previous posts on this and I will keep you updated on how God is blessing us in this area....) 

 Sam got a job in Corpus Christi, TX.  Even though we were not thrilled about living there, we viewed it as an opportunity to get our foot in the door and use it as a stepping stone.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize that once you get hired on there with this particular company, you pretty much stay there!  We were also living in a weekly rate motel while we searched for a place to live.  We were just about to sign a contract for an apartment when I just didn't feel peace about it.  Also, Sam had mentioned several times that living in an rv would be right up our alley, since we planned on traveling a bunch for his job.  At first, I wasn't sold on the idea because I had memories of camping in a little dinky camper and it was NOT a pleasant experience!  We started going to some rv lots to see what was available and boy was I surprised!  We ended up going with a fifth-wheel trailer.  It had two bedrooms in it on opposite ends.  I also really liked the fact that I wouldn't have to pack up any boxes when we moved!  Fabulous!!  More to come....

No comments: