Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ezekiel's Birth Story - pt. 13

That was the last time I threw up during my pregnancy with Zekey. I would not go anywhere on a visit without Sam after that. Even when it had been months since I had thrown up..... Well, pretty much after that there wasn’t a whole lot of drama. There were a few things that happened where normally I don’t think I would have had the energy or presence of mind to take care of, but God gave me what I needed when I needed it. Praise you, Father!!! I eventually got better enough to start going on short walks and trips to the store. The pleasant part of my pregnancy lasted only about a month or two. One of the things that did involve a lot of drama happened around month six, I think. We moved from Corpus Christi, TX to Killeen, TX. Its really not that far as far as driving goes. The drama circulated around my prenatal care. Because I was on VA benefits, I had to switch VA Center. (Paperwork and legwork involved.) At first, because I didn’t know the area, when I was asked which hospital I wanted to deliver at, I chose the one closest to me. Logical choice, right? Not so much! I finally got around to going and taking a tour of the “birthing area” and boy was I in for a rude awakening. Upon arriving at the labor and delivery floor, I walked past the windows to the nursery where they keep the babies. You have to understand, that with Braden, I labored, delivered and then did postpartum all in the same room. They never took him from me except to get his circumcision done and Sam went with him for that.

No comments: