Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ezekiel's Birth Story - pt. 15

I immediately felt better. I still wasn’t okay with the whole situation, but I knew God would change something or change me, so I was gonna wait. I was able to relate this story to a couple of people close to me and I asked them to be praying about it. I think about a week went by when a thought came to me. I called the VA to see if I was allowed to change my OBGYN to one who used a different hospital. Now if any of you have had to deal with the VA or have heard friends or family describe that type experience, you know it usually takes a while to get things done and there’s lots of paper work involved and so on and so on. Well, I made a phone call and spoke to a lady who was filling in for the one who usually handled this stuff. She was so nice and helpful. She didn’t know exactly how to go about doing that so she asked if she could call me later that day. I really thought that if anything was going to get done about it, it would take several weeks to even get a preliminary answer. I should not have second guessed that God can do anything because she did call me back that afternoon and she had already gotten everything done. All I had to do was choose a physician! Well, while I was waiting for her to call me back, I did a little calling around of my own to see if any of the physicians at Scott and White would accept VA insurance. By the way, Scott and White Memorial Hospital is in Temple, TX and it was about 25-30 mins. away from where we were living. I was a little concerned with that, but I would have rather had Zekey in the truck on the way to Scott and White than go to that other hospital! The doctor that I found was actually in Killeen not far from where we lived so it all worked out perfectly. Yay, God! I was really just continually blessed during the whole thing! So now I was set up once again for prenatal care.

No comments: