Friday, May 9, 2008

Ezekiel's Birth Story - pt. 9

I tried to eat, but it just wasn’t working. I had been crying since about the second time I threw up during the night because I was tired and I knew that it was going to be a rough day. Also, I was going to have to impose on my family. I wasn’t able to do anything with Braden, so others watched him for me. When it came time to go, my sister Jennifer had to drive me to my mom’s house because I couldn’t even sit up. I barely made it out to the truck! I honestly can’t remember if I had brought any Zofran with me or not. I’m thinking that I did, but I really didn’t want to take any because of the afore mentioned side effect.

After an awful ride of being nauseated and so hungry my stomach felt like it was trying to naw its way out, I arrived at my mom’s and dad’s house. I had called my mom to tell her that I was coming and all the circumstances. She let me know that she was not at home and wouldn’t be for a while. (This was not what I wanted to hear.) Seriously, I wanted my Mommy! My dad is very nervous when it comes to young children, so I didn’t know how this was gonna turn out. Thankfully, my dad had been warned and he met us at the car. He took charge of Braden and I really don’t know who took what inside, but all of our stuff made it in, too. I was still crying. (Its interesting to note that I felt like I was crying the whole entire visit! It was almost like it was the only release I had because I was too feeble to cope any other way...) Once I got in the house, I went and grabbed two Nutri-Grain bars and told Dad that I really needed to go to sleep for a while. At that point, I couldn’t remain standing any longer, so I had to get down on my hands and knees and crawl to the guest bedroom. Dad was doing a good job of not freaking out, but he was super worried about me. He said that I shouldn’t worry because he and Braden would just hang out until my mom got home. I ate the fruit bar and closed my eyes, praying that I wouldn’t throw it up. Well, the quiet worked. I fell asleep.   Then....

No comments: