Thursday, May 1, 2008

Zekey is walking!! and other updates...

Ezekiel has actually been taking unassisted steps for several days now.  Everyday he gets a little better at it.  He's very determined!  He's also 11 mos. old today!  Time seems to have flown by.  We can't believe he will be a year old next month!  I honestly don't know how we are going to do the birthdays.  Braden turns four on the 27th of this month.  I'm planning on doing a combo birthday for them both on the same day.  I just don't know where we are going to have it!  We may end up having two separate occasions for friends here and friends and family in Texas.  Its still too early to make definite plans.  Braden has asked for a Dinosaur and Thomas the Train cake.  I think I'm just going to make a huge cookie cake and decorate it with both.  I'll have to take pictures to let everyone see how THAT turns out.   aaahahhaha.  Sorry, getting mental pictures and its cracking me up!

Sam is totally enjoying riding his motorcycle to work.  I can't remember if I posted about us getting a motorcycle or not.  It wasn't anything expensive and we payed for it out right, so we own it.  NO DEBT there!!!  Yay!!!  (That's right, folks, we're learning!:)  Anyway, I haven't started riding it yet, but I think this weekend Sam will give me a lesson.  I fully intend to take the beginners riding course and later the advanced when I have ridden successfully for a bit.  My experience on "motorcycles" has been a neighbor's dirt bike that I ran into a tree then promptly buried it under an adjacent bush, my dad's scooter (now that was fun, I just couldn't feasibly take one of those on the interstate:) and Sam's on/off road motorcycle that he had in Hawaii and had me ride it several times around a vacant parking lot.  I didn't like that one because I couldn't touch the ground with my whole foot.  I was up on tippy toes.  Personally, I want a cruiser eventually.  They are lower to the ground so I can comfortably keep the bike upright, they have bigger seats for well endowed bottoms of which I own one:) and they just have a more classic look, which I prefer.  Someday, perhaps it will come to pass.  Until then, I will learn to ride what we have and hopefully get good at it.

Another thing Sam has enjoyed is being able to download sermons to his phone from our computer via bluetooth.  He has about five hours worth of battery time to listen on his phone, so he is able to listen for quite a while while he works!  Its funny cuz when he really gets a lot from one of the messages, he'll text me and recommend different ones to me during the day.  Its fun to be able to share that with each other.:)

We are very much enjoying Calvary Chapel of Meridian, here.  Ebb is an amazing teacher!  He is super knowledgeable about the Bible, culture during the times it was written, history of the time periods it was written and also cross referencing between the books of the Bible, yet is able to convey all of that in a way that anyone can understand!  Its so cool!  I'm really glad they post the teachings on their website because maybe I won't have so much withdrawal by being able to hear them wherever we go.  Sam has really liked the messages that Bob Coy gives.  He's the pastor of the Calvary Chapel in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  I like him, too.  

I am still doing the Bible study with the book Be Fruitful and Multiply by Nancy Campbell and am loving it!  The ladies in my group are so wonderful.  The longer I'm around them, the more I just fall in love with them!!!  They are funny, witty, caring, giving, helping, real and they love the Lord.  You can't get any better than that!  Thank you, God, for putting these ladies in my path!  I am so grateful and you are so faithful to provide for our needs at the exact time they arise!  Praise you!!!

So, I think I've covered just about everything.  We still don't have an ETA on when we move yet or where we go from here.  Just lots of rumors and maybes.  We don't really mind any of that, though, because God is faithful to provide and we trust Him to guide our steps.  I'll update as we know what's going on....

No comments: