Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ezekiel's Birth Story - pt. 6

After I took the first one...What a DIFFERENCE!!! I was still a little queasy, but I kept everything I ate down. It was wonderful. That lasted for about a week until the side effects kicked in. Please don’t get me wrong. I was ecstatic to be able to eat again! I was so thankful and grateful. The only side effect that really got to me was the constipation. That may sound puny, but I was already having trouble in that area to begin with. I was taking stool softeners to help. I wasn’t taking laxatives because I just didn’t feel like that was the route I should take. I was trying to do everything as mildly as possible. When I wasn’t able to poo for 3 days at a time, it started to get really bad. I SERIOUSLY felt like i was pushing out a baby every time! I was in pain when I was trying to get it out and in pain when it was just getting bound up in my GI tract. After a few weeks of this, I didn’t know which was worse, the vomiting or the constipation. It was that bad.

I started backing off of the Zofran to see if I was able to cope without it. I was also told about a fabulous prenatal vitamin by my friend Michawn. They are called Promise Stages and I will put a link for that, too. http://www.promiseprenatal.com/ I was doing pretty well slowly weaning myself off of the Zofran. By Thanksgiving which was about the fourth week or so of being on Zofran, I had stopped taking it all the time. I still had a supply because I was still queasy every day all day. I made a permanent indentation on our couch. :) We were going home again for Thanksgiving, but Sam wasn’t going to be able to go with us. I was feeling okay and able to drive and all that. I was also really excited about seeing everyone.  And...

No comments: