Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ezekiel's Birth Story - pt. 14

So I’m starting to get a bad feeling as I near the labor and delivery rooms. When I get to the double doors, I notice on the opposite side of the hall that there is a waiting room. Guess what it was labeled. Father’s Waiting Area!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?! My opinion is, if Sam was there to help make this baby, he sure better be there to see him out!!! ;) Seriously, though, I was thinking, “Have I been transported back to the fifties or something?! Yep, that bad feeling just kept getting worse. I then went to open the double doors when I noticed a sign: Children Under Age 12 Not Allowed Beyond This Point. What?!?!?! This place was really throwing me for a loop! I went in thinking it couldn’t get any worse, but boy was I WRONG! I walked in and immediately there was a nurses desk, not even a station....a desk. Surrounding the desk were little sectioned off beds separated by curtains. It looked the same as when you go to the Emergency Room and are placed in one of the little curtained rooms to get triaged! What is wrong with this place! We were pretty sure we were going to have to have Braden with us because the nearest person to us lived 2 1/2 hours away. That meant that I would have to be by myself having Ezekiel until hopefully someone could make it there to relieve Sam. Yeah, I left feeling so upset and not knowing what to do. I immediately started praying. I told God that I was not okay with the available options that had just been presented to me, but that I trusted Him to work this situation out the way it was supposed to go. I asked Him to take away my fear and my frustration and to give me patience to wait on Him.

No comments: